this is what the girls' bedroom looked like yesterday morning. It was very boring. White walls, a day bed for Lauren and a toddler bed for Ellie. A toy box and a dresser.....very bland. I woke up yesterday NEEDING a change in my house. I was in a rut. Mike and I decided to redo the girls' room. And after hours and hours and hours of work............drumroll please......
Tada!! Here's their room now!! We painted the walls a bold purple-gray-blue color with white accents. We bought a bunkbed at Ikea and furnished it all with new mattresses, new quilts and pillow shams. Lauren got a clip-on lamp for reading. We also got a rug that really POPS! The window is draped with a beautiful sash with darling butterflies attached. To top it all off there is a High School Musical clock and poster (not seen in picture). I feel like a new woman! (....and it's not even my room!) I love home improvements!!!

8 comments:
Wow!! I'm so impessed. I need help at my house :)
JEALOUSY!!! That looks so great Emily. Heather even thinks it looks "awesome."
Lauren and Ellie-
I am so excited for you and your new, beautiful room! It looks so great! I love the purple walls and I especially love your cool new beds. I always wanted bunk beds. :) Fun!!!
love, Aunt Sara
Em, I am so impressed. I cannot believe that you got that done in ONE day?!?!? I think you should win a medal or something. Definitely you get a gold mommy star for that one! I love it.
~Sar
me again...(sorry)...but I just had to say that I love the new addition to your blog. (funny things your kids say). I got a kick out of reading those.
I love it! They girls look happy to have a bunkbed too. Where do you get all the energy?
Mother of the year award for you!!! What a cute room. Cute color, bedding, rug, bed, etc... Good job!!!
You go girl! You have quite the talent. Abby said she wanted a room like that.
By the way...Lauren's comment about eating car parts made me laugh SO hard! Great idea to jot those comments down. :)
Post a Comment