Friday, April 04, 2008

Marathon Mom!

It's official! I just registered to run the Salt Lake City Half-Marathon on April 19th. That's 2 weeks from tomorrow! I hurried and signed up before I could talk myself out of it. I am actually SOOO excited. This just seems like the perfect year.....I'm not preggo, don't have a young baby, am in pretty good shape ( I hope!). I wish I felt confident enough to run the whole marathon, but 13.1 miles is a lot more realistic for me than 26.2 miles. If I LOVE it, maybe it will motivate me to run the whole thing next year! This will be the first race I have ever run in my life, but I am a good runner, so I hope this is not too ambitious...any tips?

6 comments:

Kendra said...

Holy Cow! You are amazing. And here I am trying to gear myself up for 3 miles! Can't wait to hear how it goes and to see how you walk the day after :)

Sara said...

I am so impressed! I can't even boast that I'm semi-in shape, but I would love to one day be able to run a 1/2 marathon one day...(I won't even kid myself into believing I will ever do a FULL marathon. That is out of the realm of possibility). :) Good luck, and happy training!

Lenice said...

Good job Emily!!! That is such a great accomplishment. Good luck. We are going to see my niece run the marathon so maybe we'll see you on the course!!!

Susanna said...

Good luck, Em! I'm sure you will do well!

Gonzalez said...

Good for you EMILY! I can barely run 2 miles on the treadmill with out killing myself. Maybe if you run the 1/2 next year, I'll run it with you. That should give me plenty of time to get to that point.

Shana said...

Way to go Em! I'd train with you if I had more ambition. Atleast I've started going to the gym on a regular basis.... Good luck!