We took Lauren to the Mayan for her birthday dinner. We were all so excited.....and it turned out to be an utter and complete nightmare. To start with, Ellie and Nathan were terrified of the place. It is dark and spooky....and they hated it! Then, Lauren got a bloody nose. Our waiter was an idiot, the food was disgusting.....and Lauren cried to whole way through it. By the time we got to the car, all the kids were crying, and Mike and I were furious. Happy Birthday Lauren!

6 comments:
Okay, I am laughing so hard right now. Why is it that the things we think are going to be so fun and that everyone is going to die over, turn out to be the biggest disasters of them all?!?! I think it must be written down as law somewhere b/c it inevitably happens that way.
Gee, one of those moments you'll never forget. I've only been there once and never went back. I hope Lauren had more fun after you left the restaurant! :)
I know it wasn't at the time, but that's pretty funny! I hate that place, but I know a lot of kids USUALLY like it. Happy birthday Lauren anyway!
Well, if it means anything, Lauren's party was a huge hit in our house. Heather planned what she would wear for days. She was so excited. Thanks for a great time. I'm just getting caught up on reading blogs and can't believe how many things you guys have done. Awesome happenings.
No worries. I don't like the Mayan either!
Good intentions...Last year I took my kids on the haunted Heber Creeper just positive it would be a new family tradition...NOT! They both balled and had nightmares for days. Oh well...
Post a Comment