Sunday, February 17, 2008
I look perfectly normal, don't ya think? I am actually going through a rough time in my life. Most of you know that I have epilepsy. Specifically, I have been diagnosed with temporal lobe siezure disorder. Let me describe what happens : first, I get a sinking feeling in my chest, like the reaction you would have if you saw your child fall into a river. I am instantly covered in sweat. Panicked and afraid. Next, I go into "tunnel vision" I feel separated from everthing around me. I can hear what is being said around me, but I feel isolated somehow. After that, I completely lose my ability to speak - this lasts for just a couple of minutes. Then, my lips chatter uncontrollably for a minute or two.....and then the seizure is over. A major problem with my siezures, is that I get a killer migraine headache afterward, that can last for hours. The migraine makes me very sensitive to light. I also feel really dizzy....so much so, that I will often throwup if I have food in my belly. I have had 18 seizures this weekend. It has been rough, but we have recieved so much help from my mom, Mike's mom, and friends from our ward. What a blessing it is to know that you are loved and are taken care of during your hard days! Whenever I say something that Mike doesn't like (help me clean, let's watch a chick flick tonight....) he says that my brain is just acting up again!! Let me know if you have any experience or insight into my disorder! Thanks

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm glad you shared this. I didn't know until recently you had epilepsy. I have no experience with this except for killer migraines. That alone is bad enough. I sure want to help in any way and we are sure praying for you.
I had no idea!! I thought the medicine was making them stop. I'm soooo sorry. I also want to help and you are constantly in our prayers!!
Emily, I am so glad you were open about this. My neighbor has epilepsy and is a mother of 4 kids the oldest in 6th grade. She can't drive so she has to rely on others to get her places. Like the other girls who have posted a comment, I would LOVE to help you in any way, any time!! You are such a great girl and I admire that you can say it like it is. You are in my prayers!!!
I am so sorry Emily. I can't believe you have to deal with that. I know nothing about seizures so I am no help. But I am thinking and praying for you...
Emily, you are such an awesome example! Despite what you are going through you always have a smile on your face and a positive outlook. I hate that you have to endure all of this! I will pray for you!
Hey Emmers, I don't have any insights into amnything, but I looooove my big sis! HANG IN THERE.
Post a Comment