Monday, March 22, 2010
Hosanna!
I have had the most glorious and exhausting week! I have sung with "Millennium" for 12 years and we perform "Hosanna!" every spring. It's an oratorio of the final week of Christ's life and it's amazing, it really is. This year, BYU is doing a "Making of Hosanna" documentary. It's been so much fun! Film crews have come to our rehearsals, and Lex even asked me to do a personal interview (scary!) The concert was filmed and will be available to buy at some point - and KBYU will air it frequently, as well. The musicians are world class : George Dyer sings the words of Christ, Kathryn Laycock Little sings Mary and the narrator, Greg Pearson sings Peter, Isaiah and another narrator. Jenny Oaks Baker is on violin, with Lex DeAzevedo on piano. It was such a spiritual, tender, emotional time for me! I'm exhausted! Both from all the emotions, and from the huge time commitment! I've been gone ALL week! I love Millennium. I really feel like it is my home away from home - another family for me. I am truly blessed! Oh, in this picture, taken during dress rehearsal, I am on the 3 row in the center, right in front of the huge flower arrangement.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
How fun! I love to sing. It is what keeps me sane. :)
Sounds like such a great experience to be a part of that.
It is so fun to be a part of something good--like Millenium! I'm glad you have that in your life!
I love hosanna!!!!!
Post a Comment