Sunday, May 11, 2008

Race for the Cure!

My girlfriends and I had the FUNNEST day on Saturday! We started out by participating in the Susan G. Komen race for the cure at the Gateway. I heard there were 18,000 people there! Awesome! The run was followed by a girls day out. First, shopping and LOTS of it! I scored 2 new pairs of jeans and a mothers day outfit for my mom. Then, we ate at Z-Tejas (ick!) and then saw "Made of Honor." It was okay. If you've seen "My Best Friends Wedding" then you've pretty much seen this one. Ann, Chelley, and Kendra.....it was such a blast.....I luv ya!

I am so so so proud of my friend Kendra for running the 5k. It was her first race ever and she ROCKED it! We ran it in 29 minutes. Great job Kendra!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sara said...

Kudos to you guys. That looked like such a nice day. I am starting to run...and all I can say is slowly but surely I will get there. Todd and I want to run some races...not marathons or half marathons mind you, but a nice 5-K. Todd got me a foot pod, heart monitor, and Garmin watch to keep track of our workouts. Now he really wants to get me some "nice" workout clothes and shoes. Hey, I'm always up for new clothes and shoes. :)

Kendra said...

Let's do it again soon. With shopping and eating, too! Thanks again for being my motivation and inspiration!!

Lenice said...

You go girls!!! What a fun day.

Kent and Lynette said...

That was neat you were able to do that. Sounds like a fun day.