Monday, January 18, 2010

sweat

Ahhh, sweat. I love sweat. I crave it. I long for it. I am addicted to it. There is just nothing like working up a truly impressive sweat at the gym. This morning, when I picked up my kids from the kids club at the gym, Nathan said, "Mom, did you go swimming in your gym clothes?" It made me happy! I am the girl who is drenched, with sweat streaming from my face, my back, and yes, even my legs. I know there are many who find sweat gross and unlady-like, but I love it. Oh, how I love it. I love when I come home after an especially hard workout and am able to wring out my sports bra. I love when I almost slip off the treadmill because I have dripped so much onto the belt. Mike doesn't love my sweat quite as much as I do - in fact, he says I smell like onions:) But I love it - to me, sweat equals success, hard work, and a job well done. SWEAT IS MY SANITY!! I will jump into the shower now (Mike always tells me not to scrimp on the soap....) until tomorrow when I will do it all again. Ahhhhh.

3 comments:

Susanna said...

Good for you! And I don't care what anyone else says--you smell just fine. (heh heh)

Kendra said...

You are so funny. For some reason I don't sweat. I mean I do, a little, but I've never had a drip go down my face or anything like that. You obviously work much harder than I do. I always say exercise is my Prozak. I wish we went to the same gym :(

Anonymous said...

You go girl. Work it!!!!!