Thursday, December 08, 2011

The innocent

I just love the innocence of my kids right now. To them, here are the "swear" words:

The "S" word is stupid
The "SH" word is shut-up
The "B" word is butt
The "F" word is fart

I absolutely love it, but with Lauren being 10 1/2, I know the innocence is fleeting. Will this be the last year of Christmas magic and undoubting belief.....I don't want it to end! Lauren only has one more year of elementary school and she's off the Junior High. Agh!!!!!

2 comments:

Susanna said...

Don't you wish the innocence could last! But I guess we are here to really see the difference between good and bad. If you never see any bad...

Sara said...

Riley just came up to me and asked if Santa was real. He's been asking me for a while and I always responded, "What do you think?" Unfortunately, Riley is too smart for his own good. He said that Santa just didn't make sense. So I told him all about the legend of St. Nicholas and how he had the true spirit of Christmas. And now that he knows Santa isn't real, he can carry the magic of Christmas with him and be "Santa" for others in need. It actually turned out to be a good conversation.